POSITION: Store Associate
RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to the Store Manager
Rescued Treasures thrift store provides financial resources for WRM programs, assists program guests in developing job skills, and low-income community guests to get back on their feet through our voucher program. The Store Associate seeks to glorify God by delivering excellent customer service to customers, being a good steward of donated goods, receiving, processing and making them available for sale, and demonstrating a strong faith and work ethic to our customers, donors, and program guests.
- Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and confess Him as their personal Lord and Savior. (John 3:16, Acts 4:12)
- Endeavor to live a Godly life in public and private, thereby providing a Christian role model for those we seek to reach. (1 Peter 1:13-16)
- Agree with the WRM Statement of Faith.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Basic computer skills.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Grow spiritually in the Lord through prayer, memorization, meditation and study of the Word, and unity in Christian fellowship. (2 Peter 1:5-8, 2 Peter 3:18)
- Be a consistent witness for Jesus in attitude, speech, and actions demonstrating a daily walk with Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 4:1-3, Ephesians 5:3-5)
- Encourage guests, staff, volunteers, and customers to accept God’s gift of salvation and grow in their faith. (Romans 15:2, 1 Thessalonians 5:11,14)
- Join in corporate worship and instruction with an external group of believers whose beliefs are in agreement with the WRM Statement of Faith. (Colossians 3:16, Hebrews 10:24-25)
- Faithfully uphold WRM’s ministry in prayer. (1 Timothy 2:1)
- Act as an advocate for the homeless, poor, and marginalized by raising the awareness of the causes, needs, and potential of those in poverty.
- Maintain a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of WRM.
- Receive donations in a courteous manner providing a receipt to donors.
- Prepare donations for placement on sales floor including, sorting, cleaning, and pricing of items.
- Stock shelves and racks to maintain appearance and adequate merchandise.
- Greet customers and assist shoppers with questions about items and purchases.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service.
- Answer customers’ questions satisfactorily.
- Be aware of promotions, special sale instructions with regard to pricing.
- Operate cash register to complete customers shopping experience.
- Assist in performing daily opening and closing procedures.
- Organize and maintain donation areas and storage areas throughout the day.
- Keep work areas stocked with supplies and necessary equipment, and help to maintain a clean, attractive, and safe work environment throughout the store.
- Ensure donation drop-off areas are clean, organized, and presentable to the public.
- Teach program guests work ethic by example through working closely with them.
- Train program guests in work skills as assigned.
- All other tasks as assigned by Store Manager and Assistant Manager.
Note: Ability to travel locally and statewide is required with limited out of state travel.