POSITION: Marketing & Events Coordinator
RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to the Director of Advancement
The Marketing & Events Coordinator provides awareness to the public about the issues of poverty and homelessness, inviting the community to participate in the Christ-centered solutions offered at Wyoming Rescue Mission through involvement in events, volunteering, prayer, and financial support. This position is Full-Time Exempt.
- Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and confess Him as their personal Lord and Savior. (John 3:16, Acts 4:12)
- Endeavor to live a Godly life in public and private, thereby providing a Christian role model for those we seek to reach. (1 Peter 1:13-16)
- Agree with the WRM Statement of Faith.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year university, in such fields as marketing, communications, business administration, or equivalent experience required.
- 2+ years in event planning/communications preferred.
- Excellent people skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective leadership abilities.
- Competency in Adobe Creative Suite/Canva
- Competency in Website Content Management Systems
- Competency in Facebook Page/Instagram Management
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Grow spiritually in the Lord through prayer, memorization, meditation and study of the Word, and unity in Christian fellowship. (2 Peter 1:5-8, 2 Peter 3:18)
- Be a consistent witness for Jesus in attitude, speech, and actions demonstrating a daily walk with Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 4:1-3, Ephesians 5:3-5)
- Encourage guests, staff, volunteers, and customers to accept God’s gift of salvation and grow in their faith. (Romans 15:2, 1 Thessalonians 5:11,14)
- Join in corporate worship and instruction with an external group of believers whose beliefs agree with the WRM Statement of Faith. (Colossians 3:16, Hebrews 10:24-25)
- Faithfully uphold WRM’s ministry in prayer. (1 Timothy 2:1)
- Act as an advocate for the homeless, poor, and marginalized by raising the awareness of the causes, needs, and potential of those in poverty.
- Maintain a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of WRM.
- Event Management Responsibilities:
- Maintain an annual calendar of events including both internal and key community events.
- Manage all WRM events to effectively and winsomely represent the work of WRM and meet attendance & fundraising goals for the events.
- Develop and cultivate volunteer committees to plan and execute signature fundraising events for accomplishing event goals.
- Develop planning benchmarks for events with adequate advance scheduling of all needs related to the event including key note participants, printed materials, and event location.
- Responsible for procurement of sponsorships, lead gifts, and in-kind donated gifts for events.
- Organize relational events for key donors to strengthen key partnerships.
- Increase awareness for businesses and individuals to host beneficiary events.
- Coordinate beneficiary events including providing adequate marketing support, management of collection bins, and ensure fiscally responsible transfer and documentation of donations to Finance Department.
- Public Awareness Responsibilities:
- Provide public relations for all tv, radio, and print outlets, including coordinating interviews of appropriate staff and guests, and giving tours. Manage and maintain a very close relationship with all news and media staff members.
- Manage WRM electronic presence including website, and social media, in coordination with direct mail/marketing partner.
- Utilize strategies to increase electronic presence in order to further the goal of general public awareness of poverty, homelessness, and WRM.
- Manage all advertising through tv, radio, print, billboards and online for WRM and Rescued Treasures.
- Collateral Management Responsibilities:
- Coordinate design of printed materials i.e. annual reports, brochures, real help cards, flyers, stuffers, letterhead, envelopes and any type of documentation needed to promote WRM programs and events.
- Manage ordering, distribution and stock of printed materials.
- Ensure consistent appearance, messaging, and quality of collateral with direct mail vendor.
- Donor Database Administration:
- Knowledge of donor database, including ensuring the accuracy and integrity of donor information in coordination with Finance department.
- Work with Donation Administrator to maintain coding for funds, campaigns, approaches and other user defined fields.
- Provide analytical data such as ROI of direct mail, acquisition, giving momentum, zip code effectiveness, and statistical reports in coordination with Donations Administrator.
- Create reports as requested by Executive Director and Director of Advancement.
- Direct Mail & Marketing:
- Manage relationship with Direct Marketing vendor to implement a quality marketing strategy that increases the awareness of WRM.
- Manage all aspects of Direct Mail including: approving copy, review process, and invoice approvals.
- Coordinate edit approvals and deadlines for all direct mail, newsletters, e-appeals, social media post, advertisements and other outward facing collateral.
- Other Responsibilities:
- Provide financial responsibility for donation mail: receive, count, and provide total to Donation Administrator daily.
- All other tasks as assigned by the Director of Advancement.
- Annual attendance Direct Mail Conference: Brewer Direct Institute.
Note: Ability to travel locally and statewide is required with limited out of state travel.