The Kitchen Assistant / Custodian displays radical hospitality by assisting cooks to prepare and serve sustaining meals to those that are fighting the challenges of poverty as well as keeping our facility clean to afford the dignity deserved to those we serve. This position is Part-Time, Non-Exempt.
- Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and confess Him as their personal Lord and Savior. (John 3:16, Acts 4:12)
- Endeavor to live a Godly life in public and private, thereby providing a Christian role model for those we seek to reach. (1 Peter 1:13-16)
- Agree with the WRM Statement of Faith.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Good communication skills.
- Obtain Serve Safe certification within 3 months of employment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Grow spiritually in the Lord through prayer, memorization, meditation and study of the Word, and unity in Christian fellowship. (2 Peter 1:5-8, 2 Peter 3:18)
- Be a consistent witness for Jesus in attitude, speech, and actions demonstrating a daily walk with Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 4:1-3, Ephesians 5:3-5)
- Encourage guests, staff, volunteers, and customers to accept God’s gift of salvation and grow in their faith. (Romans 15:2, 1 Thessalonians 5:11,14)
- Join in corporate worship and instruction with an external group of believers whose beliefs are in agreement with the WRM Statement of Faith. (Colossians 3:16, Hebrews 10:24-25)
- Faithfully uphold WRM’s ministry in prayer. (1 Timothy 2:1)
- Act as an advocate for the homeless, poor, and marginalized by raising the awareness of the causes, needs, and potential of those in poverty.
- Maintain a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of WRM.
- Prepare food for meals or for preservation and storage as directed by cooks.
- Act as substitute cook for open shifts, or when other cooks are sick, on vacation, or holiday.
- Keep kitchen equipment, utensils and storage areas clean and in compliance with food safety rules.
- Assist kitchen volunteers with proper food handling practices.
- Follow health & safety measures for kitchen and dining areas.
- Complete kitchen duties with high hygiene and sanitation standards.
- When not required for kitchen duties, conduct general cleaning and laundry duties throughout the Park Street Center as directed by the Shelter Manager.
- All other tasks as assigned.