It is difficult to find work that is more rewarding than working at Wyoming Rescue Mission, being able to know that every day you make a difference for the kingdom of God. WRM has been serving those in need since 1978. Employees are expected to commit to the precepts in our Statement of Faith and help the Mission fulfill its Mission Statement, Vision Statement, and Ends Statements.
Please complete the application below and send to:
PO Box 2030 Casper, WY 82602
POSITION OPENING – Store Associate
The Store Associate seeks to glorify God by operating the store to provide the most resources for the programs of WRM through delivering an excellent experience for customers, donors, and program guests. This position is Non-Exempt.
A. Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and confess Him as their personal Lord and Savior. (John 3:16, Acts 4:12)
B. Endeavor to live a Godly life in public and private, thereby providing a Christian role model for those we seek to reach. (1 Peter 1:13-16)
C. Agree with the WRM Statement of Faith.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Basic computer skills
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Grow spiritually in the Lord through prayer, memorization, meditation and study of the Word, and unity in Christian fellowship. (2 Peter 1:5-8, 2 Peter 3:18)
B. Be a consistent witness for Jesus in attitude, speech, and actions demonstrating a daily walk with Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 4:1-3, Ephesians 5:3-5)
C. Encourage guests, staff, volunteers, and customers to accept God’s gift of salvation and grow in their faith. (Romans 15:2, 1 Thessalonians 5:11,14)
D. Join in corporate worship and instruction with an external group of believers whose beliefs are in agreement with the WRM Statement of Faith. (Colossians 3:16, Hebrews 10:24-25)
E. Faithfully uphold WRM’s ministry in prayer. (1 Timothy 2:1
- Act as an advocate for the homeless, poor, and marginalized by raising the awareness of the causes, needs, and potential of those in poverty.
- Maintain a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of WRM.
- Receive donations in a courteous manner providing a receipt to donors.
- Prepare donations for placement on sales floor including, sorting, cleaning, and pricing of items.
- Stock shelves and racks to maintain appearance and adequate merchandise.
- Greet customers and assist shoppers with questions about items and purchases.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service.
- Answer customers’ questions satisfactorily.
- Be aware of promotions, special sale instructions with regard to pricing.
- Operate cash register to complete customers shopping experience.
- Assist in performing daily opening and closing procedures.
- Organize and maintain donation areas and storage areas throughout the day.
- Keep work areas stocked with supplies and necessary equipment, and help to maintain a clean, attractive, and safe work environment throughout the store.
- Ensure donation drop-off areas are clean, organized, and presentable to the public.
- Teach program guests work ethic by example through working closely with them.
- Train program guests in work skills as assigned.
- All other tasks as assigned by Store Manager and Assistant Manager
Note: Ability to travel locally and statewide is required with limited out of state travel.